Inspirational Propaganda: An Outline by Sig
This may seem a little lofty for a pile of sorted, sweaty kids (people) but...
- There is much more to raves than techno and pacifiers. We also have:
- A lot of love.
- People who bring the love to the rave.
- If we can bring love to the rave, we can bring love to the rest of the world as well. What is the point of doing this?
- It feels good.
- It invites peace and happiness into our own lives.
- The world needs lots of love...
- To fix the environment and ensure the balance of nature...if nature is not kept in balance, it will preserve itself by destroying us.
- To stop war, torture and the suffering of all people...
- ...the suffering of one is the suffering of all.
- ...again, when nature is in a better condition, it will better support its creatures, namely us, as in the case of famine and such.
- To ensure the prosperity and evolution of the human race...two events which will not happen if we destroy ourselves through the destruction or our home (earth) or our mass, worldwide suicide (ultimate war).
How, pray tell, will this come about? (funny you should ask)
- ...we've got to start somewhere.
- ...if not us, who; if not now, when?
That's it for now, more to come as it develops =)
- Begin on the inside...
- Be Yourself!
- Love Yourself!
- Heal Yourself!
- Abandon habits destructive to yourself and others (i.e. smoking, the excessive use of drugs).
- Remove yourself from destructive realtionships.
- Think globally, act locally.
- Love and support your friends, family, neighbors, schoolmates, coworkers, the grocery clerk, the postman, the metermaid, some guy at Denny's, on and on into Infinity!.
- Keep your local environment clean:
- Walk, ride your bike, take mass transit.
- The three R's (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle)
- Participate in beach/forest/park/etc. cleanups.
- Write letters, protest, boycott, speak up, etc.
- Spread the word to your whole community.
- Commit yourself whole-heartedly.
- Boycott institutions that advocate violence.
- Don't support violence or hatred in the media...don't watch movies or programs depicting violence against women, children, or anyone for that matter.
- Don't play games depicting violent acts.
- Dodge the draft (if it comes to that).
- Become a vegetarian.
Comments to <info at cloudfactory.org>
Last Updated: December 12, 1995 -- Scott Nelson