The Web Works
San Francisco, CA
Part Owner/Virtual Office Manager: June 1995 to present.
- Web Page/Graphic Design firm
- Web Server Maintenance
- Manage current projects by email/Internet communications
Part-time position: September 1994 to present.
- Shift Leader:
- Scheduling Employees
- Closing store and night, including making deposits and change and locking doors.
- In charge of 5 other employees on shifts.
- Cashier, Delivery and Boxing in front of store.
- Stocking and Prep in the back of store.
Espresso to Go
Full and Part time position June 1993 to August 1995.
- Serve ice cream and espresso drinks at Fisherman's Wharf.
- Restock all supplies and check storeroom for reordering.
- Open and the close the store.
- Work during peak holiday seasons (Christmas and summer).
The York School
Summer Employment: June 1990 - June 1993.
- Cleaned, painted and landscaped during vacation work sessions.
- Organized dances and other social activities.
Century 21 A Property Shoppe
Part-time employment: June 1991 to December 1992.
- Set up computer databases, input data and ran reports for #1 agent.
- Answered phones, took messages and provided general information.
- Filed a variety of forms in real estate case files.
- Prepared bulk mailings and completed Post Office forms to process them.
- Photographed listings for advertising newsletter.
- Delivered contracts and others important papers.
Monterey Bay Aquarium
Volunteer Work: September 1990 - June 1992
- Passed college level training course in Marine Biology for tour guides.
- Explained exhibits to visitors from around the world.
- Worked with younger and disabled visitors.
- Handled large groups of people.
In progress: Computer Science, theUniversity of Oregon
Undergraduate Coursework and Skills
- basic programming
- Web design and layout
- critical review and analysis of problems and concepts/ideas
Other Relevant Coursework
- CIS courses
- Discrete Math
- other general electives
High School: The York School, Monterey, CA
A private college prep high school with a 100% college acceptance rate. Winner of the National Blue Ribbon Award in 1992-93.
- Minor in Architecture:
- media skills (incl. drafting, inking, coloring, etc.)
- studio courses (two intro studios)
- Art History
- I have basic experience with Hypercard programming, Pascal and C++ from introductory computer courses at the University of Oregon.
- I am experienced in html with a concrete knowledge of the 2.0 specs and a basic understanding of the 3.0 specs. I am interested in working more with interactive forms and have a good understanding of how the Web and interactive forms work. I have a lot of ideas about the use of the Web and ways to distribute information. Here are some of the pages I have designed/helped create:
- Server Maintenance/System Administration
- I have run MacHTTP, Mailshare and an FTP server on my PowerMac from January to June '95.
- I have modified a prewritten script to send comments to my unix account. I have also written my own scripts for the Espresso To Go pages (see above), they are written in Perl. I have also installed and run wwwstat-1.0 from my unix account. Working on these web pages I have learned about access settings, directories and many other unix features. I am literate in common account commands and am studying about shell scripts (general overview of Bourne, C and Korn shells).
- Software Skills and Knowledge/Platforms
- Aldus Pagemaker 5.1
- Adobe Photoshop 3.0
- Microsoft Office 4.2
- PowerCADD 1.0
- ClarisWorks 2.1
- Filemaker Pro 2.1
- MacHTTP 2.0
- Netscape 1.1N
- Mosaic 2.0
- MacOS 7.5.1
- Windows 3.1
- UNIX (SunOS, UnixWare, Linux, BSD)
- PowerMac 8500/100 16/1000 (on order to replace 7100/66)
- SupraFaxModem 14,400 v.32 bis
- Stylewriter II
- Macintosh 15" Multiple Scan Monitor
- IOMega External Zip Drive (w/ multiple 100MB floppy disks)
- Kodak Digital Camera 40
- Agfa StudioScanIIsi Scanner
- Microsoft Office 4.2
- Adobe Photoshop 3.0 (w/ Kai's Power Tools 2.1)
- Hypercard 2.2
- Microsoft Works 3.0
- ClarisWorks 2.1
- Key CAD Complete 1.0
- Microphone Pro
- Norton Utilities 3.1
- Raydream Designer 3.0
- and various other shareware and freeware
Last Updated: Sept. 28, 1995
This page created by the Web Works.
© Copyright 1995, The Web Works. All rights reserved.